Customer Experience in 2016
1. CX supported by a centralized customer experience platform strengthens a company’s brand image and reputation to convert customers into advocates. How can keeping up with the industry demands with successful, innovative indigenous products helps maintain the image?
Customer experience is a brand differentiator, both online and offline, and is the foundation on which a brand like PVR is built on. As customers move their booking activities from offline (box office) to online (mobile phones, apps and web sites), it is even more important that their experience is unique. Centralized systems like CRM provide a “single customer” view to different customer touch points like call centers and mobile apps. With backend customer analytics, specific and timely information can be provided to a customer through such centralized CRM systems. As most companies have already set up CRM systems, front end user experience is becoming more important. Systems that allow self-service to a customer is must in this digital age. Many different interface designs are evolving. As there is a lot of innovation happening in User Experience, smaller niche players can provide innovative indigenous products with speed and flexibility. Brands, which leverage such partners to build self-service oriented digital asset, are the ones, which will occupy the customer mind share.
2. The complexity of the customer experience has resulted in an increased demand for customer experience professionals. But the CXs have to face a fair share of challenges to deliver a world-class customer experience. How can CXs overcome the challenges they face during imitation of customer experience (CX)?
CX professionals must build skills in design and consumer behavior. A CX professional who is able to link different fields of knowledge together will have an edge. While training takesthe central role where customer service representatives (CSR) are needed, Technology takes central stage where self-serviceoriented systems are present. So CX professionals need to be master of both the human behavior and digital technology to deliver a world-class customer experience.
3. Google trends shows that the number of searches for ‘customer experience jobs’ has increased 40% from July 2013 to July 2014. This proves that CXs are a significant source of competitive advantage to a company. How do these CXs help businesses drive higher revenue and customer loyalty?
Jobs in ‘customer experience’ areas are growing, as companies are able to find a direct link between superior customer experience and revenue growth. Especially in digital customer experience, there is a direct link between response time (on a site) and the success rates and revenues. A online website loses customers and money, if their sites takes more than a second to load. Therefore a CX professional, who can ensure that customers’ interest and attention is maintained, and transactions are completely smoothly, can directly contribute to the topline growth for the organization.
4. According to you, how can the lack of the necessary skills or information to resolve the customer issue in a timely manner lead to broken customer experiences? Also tell us how can the differentiated customer experience and adoption of Event/Context-based customer interaction models help cope with the problem?
More and more digital savvy customer, fulfill their requirements online, they need right information and ease of use. If they know how to access the information needed, and how to transact and raise requests online, they do not reach out to call centers and service representatives. But if a customer is unable to complete a transaction herself, then it is imperative that she is attended to by a service representative promptly. Companies must design UX such that instructions are clear and easy to follow.
5. What would be the innovative disruption trends reshaping the Customer Experience in 2016? How can a superior customer experience help companies survive it?
A number of new digital technologies are going mainstream in 2016. Customers are experiencing virtual reality and AI agents for entertainment and information. These will change the way customers will interact in the digital age. Those companies that are able to use these new technologies will be able to better engage and lead in experience.
6. How can a ‘customer-first culture’ create memorable experiences? What strategies does PVR Limiteddevelop to deliver a good customer experience? Also tell us what would be thefuturistic perspective of industry on customer experience?
PVR is focused on providing unique customer experiences. The experience is not just differentiated with newer technologies in projection and sound systems in the cinema theatres, but also with convenience in discovering, booking and sharing feedback both online and in cinemas. PVR is working to make the customer experience of transacting as seamless as possible whether it be online, mobile app or in cinemas. With analytics, we are working to know our customers betters, and provide them with timely and specific information of interest. Newer technologies are being explored to provide superior ease of use and convenience.